1. All members must scan their membership card at the front desk upon entrance to the facility. Replacement cards cost $2.00.
2. No smoking or chewing tobacco allowed on property. Chewing gum must be disposed of properly.
3. All members must wear appropriate gym attire:
4. All youth aged 7-13 years may utilize the gym and racquetball courts located on the first floor as long as an adult is on site.
5. Youth under 7 years are required to be under direct supervision of a parent at all times while in the facility.
6. Youth ages 12-13 must be accompanied by a parent while using the strength training and cardio equipment, unless they have successfully completed the UPLIFT program. The parent must be actively supervising the activity.
7. Children are permitted in organized youth programs without adults.
8. Locker Rooms: Children 5 years and older are expected to use the appropriate locker room.
9. Members may rent lockers for a annual fee of $25.00. Members supply their own lock.
10. Strollers are permitted on the indoor track.
11. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
12. Each area will have additional safety guidelines posted.
13. Children must be 14 to attend group exercise classes.
14. Persons refusing to obey rules and/or Nordby Center for Recreation Staff are subject to removal from the facility.
15. No Food or Drink permitted outside of lobby area.
Weight Room and Cardio Area Rules
1. Youth ages 12-13 must be accompanied by a parent while using the strength training and cardio equipment, unless they have successfully completed the UPLIFT program.
2. All weights must be properly put away after each person is done using them.
3. Each person must spray and wipe down the area used once they are finished.
4. Do not spend too much time on one machine. Be courteous to others.
5. Do not put coats, bags, etc. on the weight room floor. Put them in the appropriate area.
6. No grunting or loud noises that may bother other members.
7. Music must be played at the appropriate volume.
8. Do not bang or drop the weights.
9. Always use a thud may when using dumbbells or barbells.
10. Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times.
11. During peak periods, the time limit on all cardiovascular equipment is 20 minutes.
1. A lifeguard must be on duty if a parent is not directly in the pool area supervising children.
2. Proper swim attire must be worn at all times when in the pool. An actual swimsuit must be worn. No t-shirts or shorts are allowed in the pool.
3. For your safety, maximum capacity of the pool is 230 people.
4. No band-aids or gum allowed in the pool area.
5. No open swim during senior swim, water aerobics classes or swim lessons.
6. Lap swim is available during water aerobics classes and swim lessons.
7. No one under the age of 14 will be allowed to swim without the direct supervision of a parent/guardian. (must be at least 18 years old)
8. Each swimmer must take a shower before entering the pool.
9. No outside pool toys, balls, rafts, etc.
10. There is absolutely NO: